Wednesday, March 21, 2012

DSDN 144 Project 1: Photo Choices from Second Shoot

 These are my favourites from the second shoot. The sequence is the way I imagine the journey to unfold. The whole mood I'm trying to convey is the mystery of the night, and yet still maintain the intrigue and curiosity with the lighting. The journey of this anonymous person should have a definitive air of loneliness, as well as a sad but ultimately free feeling.

This shot of the alleyway finally feels right, whereas it didn't in the first shoot. The composition is much better now, and the lighting is exactly how I want it to be. For the final shot, I need to make sure I get the height of the camera correct. The feel I'm going for is a journey, so the camera should feel like someone's eyes.

This space just prior to the winding staircase has a really interesting feeling to it. It feels oddly austere, with the light almost infiltrating onto the space from behind the bars. And yet the light makes the space what it is.

This show also lets light filter through the bars, however, in this instance it's a lot warmer, and feels less threatening. The warmth of the orange light makes freedom feel a lot closer as opposed to the harsh white light of Image 2.

This car park feels oddly threatening, but then I guess at night there are very few car parks that don't feel that way. For the final shot, I need to organise a tripod and ensure this sht is perfectly level horizontally. I get the feeling I was slightly off.

This shot down to the ground in a similar area where the person would have jumped has an extremely geometric feeling to it. But that, coupled with the light at the bottom was what I was going for. I'm so glad the cars at te bottom finally decided to move... I was waiting for ages.

Again, I've used pre-existing light to create a sense that hope is possibly near, and freedom is at hand. However, the light is only illuminating what I feel would have been a transitory space, a space where the protagonist of this journey would have only stayed very briefly before moving on to their ultimate goal. I love how I composed this shot.

The penultimate shot, a shot of the final place itself. The darkening sky overhead lets us see that the end is not very far away, and it sillhouettes the railing dramatically.

The final viewpoint of our protagonist, as the city lights come on and the area grows cold. For this shot, I really need to get it level, because again, it doesn't feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment