Thursday, March 29, 2012

Individual Work

Use what was learned and analyse a precedent and take a drawing from one of the previous parts and explore it using a technical drawing style. I analysed the style of the Dutch Bauhaus-esque design De Stijl. The picture I derived my idea is copied below. I found the idea of an exploded object really appealing, since it really allows one to fully understand the object in a way that plans and elevations can't really do. The technical drawing method of exploding the object worked best in planometric, as well as this being the same technique that De Stijl used in the precedent image. Doing an explosion on a Swiss Army Knife was also extremely informative and interesting.
Done in pen and permanent marker.

Precedent Drawing


Individual Work

2 comments:

  1. I Like this..reminds me of my student days doing technical drawing . Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Was lots of fun deciding how the separate components of the pocket knife would work based on outside observations and experimentations!

    ReplyDelete