Tuesday, June 12, 2012

DSDN 101 Project 3: Sequence 0: Powering Up

I really want the powering up part of the whole stop motion feel like something powerful, something that has purpose. I'm also integrating "A New Way Of Seeing" into the powering up, so that I can tick that box. It just also seems like a logical place to put it. "A New Way Of Seeing" can then be the software starting name. It fits!


One of the enhancements I made from yesterday's HUD is to add a faint glow around the edges, past the "workable area" of the screen. It gives it a bit more depth and also gives it a video game style feel to it, which is part of what I want to achieve.


The font I've used there is also in my storyboard, so I'm making that connection there.


The powering up animation will have the phrase "trickle" in and then back out again. The actual HUD will move in from left and right, along its major lines.




Then the icons and working script will also appear. Meanwhile the actual real world will fade in from black. The "A New Way Of Seeing" will hang around for a little bit, reminiscent of the start-up boxes on Photoshop or Illustrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment