Sunday, July 22, 2012

DSDN 112: Initial Sense Experiments

In one of our first sessions of Interaction Design, we looked at different senses and how different items can trigger different senses and how they aren't always the sense we expect.
These were my five objects. 

For this book, as opposed the visual presentation of the information in the book, what appealed to me was the noise that the book made when you flicked through the pages. This book held special meaning to me as whenever I went of walking trips or camping trips when I was younger, I would take the book with me.

Rather than the visual appeal of the colour of tape or the sound it makes when you tear it off, I liked the feel of the sticky side and how it kind of grabs your skin.

I chose the highlighter not for its vivid colour, but rather the smell of highlighter, which now has negative connotations for me after filing all my parents tax details.

I chose my bracelet not for the feel of the hex nut sequence, but rather the light it reflects and the visual play of it all. 

Finally, my wallet, I didn't chose for the feel or smell of the leather, but rather the sharp musky taste when it is licked. An odd choice, I know, but I thought it was funny and relevant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment