Monday, August 13, 2012

DSDN 104: Final 81 Models!

And it's done!!
All 81 models, together on one file. Well, not literally. Just the image files. The 3dsMax files would never fit together and still open or be at all useful.

All the models look really awesome together! I was plagues by numerous mistakes on my part on the path to creating this. But I'm there now so it doesn't matter.

I tried to keep the shadows of all the models as intact as possible, as well as the reflections off the surface below them. The big shadow from the 6:00 sun in this shot makes the scene much more dynamic, and it affects the models accordingly.

One thing I love about the shot is the reflection on the edge of the part the final model sits on, which is actually the reflection of some models two files prior (out of six). I painstakingly made sure it was there because it makes it all feel so much more real to me.

I really wanted to capture the concept of the parent model holding up all the later iterations, as I combined a few elements of the original model to make up the stage. All the models were derived from that one model, so it is in many respects the parent of all of it's children.

A month and a bit well spent, I'd say!



No comments:

Post a Comment