Tuesday, August 14, 2012

DSDN 104: Final Model

So, here it is. I love how the light shatters through the model, and I successfully managed to subdue to overzealous caustics, which makes for a real harmony in the overall presentation.

The water and glass materials are distinctly different and allow a large enough colour variation to be interesting. The facets of the glass really work in my favour, and give the model real volume.

I put these textures onto this model because I really wanted to show the model frozen in time. I wanted to create a desirable object, an object that feels classy, and still conveys the idea of sinuous fluid motion. The straight edges of the model are meant to signify the sinuous element, where my interpretation of it is that it forms the curves by means of straight lines/edges in the form.

I went for simple lighting and setting, because I really want the model to stand out on its own. The lighting is an advance on the previous caustic lighting, subduing and softening it significantly, so that now it adds an atmospheric element to the model.

I'm pleased with this model!



No comments:

Post a Comment