Monday, August 13, 2012

DSDN 104: Model 81

Aaaaand I've almost made it.

Model 81 is finished! I've created a model, that while not my absolute favourite model, is definitely right up there. Most of all however, this model reflects a process. It reflects my struggles with the program, my failures, my successes, and my striving to maintain the obvious connection with my words.

The result is rather beautiful. I managed to achieve the shape I was going for. The curves intertwine with each other around a central axis, and they maintain a suitable shape. I got rid of some of the chunkier polygons, and that's definitely made it a lot cleaner.

Model 81

Just for comparison to the other models done in red!

For the final materials, I really want to apply water and glass to the model, as I did in my final caustics test. The way the water and glass refracts the light is absolutely stunning.

I'm going to make the glass a subtle aqua colour, and the water blue/green. for me this just captures the idea of sinuous fluid motion the best. We don't usually think of glass as a fluid material, but in my eyes glass will be working more with the word sinuous. It will give the shape structure, while the water will flow around it.



On the whole I really want to capture the model as being a faceted object, reflecting a lot of light, because I want to create the idea of frozen motion, but still displaying every bit of fluidity through form, not material.



This is the stage where I will be creating the very final render of my model. I'm going to use a combination of two or three omni lights and caustic effects to generate my final model.

It will be floating above the ground, and I want to shadows to be extremely subtle, as well as the caustic effects. I want the model to feel elegant and classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment