Monday, August 6, 2012

DSDN 104: Models 31 - 40

Now we're on to the next session of catch-up, models 31 - 40!
I found a colour I really quite liked in this one, so I had some fun with that. In this series, I start to get the feeling that my models are becoming more sophisticated and elegant, but maybe that's because I've been staring at the computer screen for too long...

Model 31
The red really suits these models, and interestingly, the slightly angular sections of this model offset against the rest of the model, and make the curves feel much more flowy, which is quite nice.

Model 32
Again, I really should have applied some colour to this one, because it isn't the easiest thing in the world to see. I tried to manipulate one of the pieces around the rest in a sensual curve akin to a wave curling around a rock, so as to provide motion within the overall motion.

Motion 33
And then here in this one, I made it the feature of the piece. The chunkier s-curve in the back feels like it's being enchanted by the ciuous, flowing spiral curve around it. This one would have been really nice to have as a two-tone iteration. Might be something to go back and change at some point.

Model 34
I blended the pieces together a bit here again, and made them form a more singular whole, which allows for what I feel looks like a "splash" on the right hand side.

Model 35
I teased out some of the other components in this one, giving this iteration more character as a whole. I really like the little snaky extrusion on the right there.

Model 36
Here I finally implemented the red again, and I just love the way the steep wide curve on the left is chunked into pieces by the push function I used. It feels really futuristic in a way.

Model 37
I love this one because it just feels so damn sleek. It looks like a drag racing boat or something. It feels fast. It feels lithe, sinuous. The delicate under-curves feel like they would just splash away if they hit the ground.

Model 38
I tried to let this one feel a bit more substantial. It feels chunkier. A little more solid, but still very much incorporating the delicate curves and sinuous lines of the residual lattice.

Model 39
For this one, I very much tried to incorporate more of the word sinuous. The lines at the centre were part of that attempt. I tried to let more of the interconnecting lines shine through to let that word come to the surface.

Model 40
I love this one. I don't know entirely why. I just love the way the curves flow up and then down towards you, with another curve spiralling out from underneath the bridge-of-sorts. The boldness of that line grants it more power in a way...

Aaand that's it for tonight, folks! Bed. Much needed rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment