Tuesday, August 7, 2012

DSDN 104: Models 51 - 60

This sequence of models is where I start to find myself really finding my feet. This is all really starting to make sense. I also started getting the nagging feeling that some of my iterations were beginning to look similar, however I think that's more just because I've been staring at my iterations for so long.

Model 51
This model felt like it was a speeding spacecraft of sorts. It conveys speed and sinuous fluidity to me. I worked the lattice in such a way so that it isn't obtrusive, while still maintaining the element of sinews in the motion.

Model 52
I really stretched out the sinuous curve on this model, but the polygons for that lattice really feel like they're being stretched now, which is beneficial. Some of the curves have a little bit more of a random feel to their motion, but that's okay.

Model 53
In I way, I find this model feels quite thin. It doesn't seem to have a lot of depth except at the middle. However, that aside, I tried to make the sinew element of the curves be the main connector and orchestrator of two of the curves.

Model 54
This iteration feels like a kind of angled racing road, which probably isn't even a very good description of it. There is a central curve there which is constituent of multiple parts, which definitely feels more powerful and like the touchstone for the other curves.

Model 55
This iteration is a little more jagged and sporadic, but still  very cool.  For this iteration, I disassembled the previous one and reassembled it differently.

Model 56
I extensively used the twist function on this model, and made sure that some of the outer curves were curled around the inner main curve. The lattice on the right still feels like it gives the curve structure.

Model 57
This model had a bit of a nonsensical approach to form, and despite not having as much cohesive direction as some of the previous iterations, it still maintains the meaning of sinuous fluid motion.

Model 58
I intended to give this form more direction, while still maintaining my words. In a way, the harsher corners feel like they juxtapose with the curves, making them seem more fluid...

Model 59
I tried to work out some of the kinks in my curves, and also to flow the curves around the main one in a spiral, protective fashion. I decided to use the tessellate function here, since the whole model was starting to wear a little thin, and polygons weren't looking so great.

Model 60
Aaaaand I've reached number 60! I really like this one. The curves flow well, and the three spiral curves around the central flow look really good. My final one should be on it's way soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment