Monday, August 20, 2012

DSDN 104: Slices Of My Model

So, for the first part of our new project, I have to take my hero model and someone transform it into a tangible physical form. This isn't exactly going to be the easiest thing in the world, due to the inherently complex nature of my model.


So that's why I'm going to start really basic.
I've cut my model into 35 slices using the slice tool in 3dsMax, and then I did renders of each segment, front on, so as to capture the orthographic view of my model.

For ease of seeing most (I could only use a maximum of 20 images for this .gif) of the sections, I made a .gif so you can see the model as it would be sliced into pieces. The .gif starts at the front of the model and moves towards the back of the model.

rgLhIS on Make A Gif, Animated Gifs

To make it easier to form the illustrator files for this section, I changed the colour of my model to white, so that it would be easier to pick up on a black background. Having the model as glass on a black background would not help.

No comments:

Post a Comment