Monday, August 13, 2012

DSDN 104: Translating the Information

After rendering all of the slices, I then had to use the live trace tool to then translate the pixel information into vector information for Illustrator.

At multiple stages during my slices, there were instances where the model was split into multiple pieces, so I had to make sure that the data was labelled.

I figured the easiest way to make a semi-accurate representation of the model as a whole would be to print the details of all the slices onto a large sheet of paper, glue that paper to a piece of 3mm foam board, and then slice out my pieces as required.


So this is how I laid out all my slices, leading to me then cutting them all out! I decided to fully fill the shapes, just for ease of slicing them out and lining them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment