Monday, August 6, 2012

DSDN 112: Interim Crit Reflection

Today I had my crit for my project idea and storyboard. The tutor who listened to my presenting of my work  was not the tutor I usually have and thus was able to provide fresh insight into my project.

He recommended that I do extensive user testing with regards to the different materials I want to use, which is totally true. For this to be an effective model, I need to definitely use users to improve the project a lot. I'll need to test what people like in terms of materials on their cheek.

Another thing I definitely need to look into is the way in which people are going to best interact with the object. I need to be able to screen the board from view while the user dons the blindfold. This could possibly be done with a little black screen that could fold down over the whole length of the board. Doable, for sure.
I also need to decide how this object is going to be touched to the cheek. Is it going to be put up on the wall? Or is it going to rest on a table? It needs to be user friendly. that's for certain.

He loved the concept of breaking someone's trust before reaffirming it. It just adds an extra dimension to the whole project. Because the face is so much more intimate than the hands, it really tests people's trust in that respect.

I need to come up with solutions to these problems, and a few more!

No comments:

Post a Comment