Saturday, August 18, 2012

DSDN 112: Solutions To Problems!

These are just a few of the solutions to the problems I came up with while creating my final product!


The first problem I came up against was finding a way to attach the curtain to the actual board. I solved this by threading a dowel through the sewn-up-then-inverted curtain material, followed my making a slight notch in the dowel, winding wire around it, drilling a hole in the plank, and then bending it into the hole and repeating it on the opposite side.



This is a very rudimentary solution to a problem, but it makes sense to me. I want the board to be able to sit on a pin board on its own. I have put in 5 nails like this, so hopefully that will be enough! Testing suggests it will be, as long as no-one pushes the board upwards.



For the curtain, I got a large sheet of black fabric, folded it, and then sewed it on all sides, and then folded it inside-out, so as to hide the stitching. So that the large amount of curling was hidden, I then ironed out all the creases and to make it flatter.



To keep the curtain slightly suspended from the board to achieve maximum coverage, I put a nail on either side that the wire connectors would then sit on.

No comments:

Post a Comment