Wednesday, August 22, 2012

DSDN 142: Developing...

 So, now that I've decided on a colour scheme, I've got to make my noise.

Here is my original structure, so I'll use this one for my structure component of the four slides. The colour is quite strong, so actually I might balance the mid-shifting point to the exact middle, just to help the colours feel equal in value.

I tried exploring some elements of noise in this compositions. I implemented an extreme deviation, so that I can carry the total amount of randomness up significantly, but also allow it to be adjusted down as well, to get the total structure when the deviation is 0.

 I tried playing around with having the spread decay across the whole page which made for a rather interesting composition. I might explore trying to write the code for one composition that embodies all four section in one composition. Capturing both the elements of structure and noise across one large canvas.


I also need to find a happy middle ground, where there is still a semblance of structure, and yet it is still breaking up into noise. However, I have to say I'm not terribly happy with this one. It feels devoid of "stuff". It feels rather weak.

In this image, I made some huge changes. I managed to like the count to the deviation, so that now as the shapes pass across the page, the deviation increases accordingly. This is starting to look like something I could use as my final!

I decided to input an exponential element into my code, an idea I came up with in a complete Eureka! moment. It was rather exciting, and allows me to make sure I have both my full structure and my full noise across the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment