Wednesday, August 22, 2012

DSDN 142: Exponential Decrease

So, I've developed the exponential element into my code, now I just need to make it fit my description of summer into autumn more. I've come up with the idea of doubling up the code, and adding an extra background layer of much fainter, much smaller quads so as to give the whole thin more depth.

screen-0344
I've decided that for my code to be effective, the black spaces need to have something in them, something that would give more to the texture of the whole space.

screen-0066 So I added in another iteration of the loop, so as to provide a background element.

screen-5256
This was one of the HARDEST bits of code to figure out, and yet's it's only about 4 lines. I wanted make make the overal shapes decay downwards in an exponential curve, so as to give the impression of leaves falling from a tree. That's what I really wanted to capture.

screen-4400
For this iteration, I got both parts of the code to curve down and look the same in that respect, and I also allowed the actual deviation to move further across the page than before, since I just felt that the first section of the code just wasn't structured enough or for long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment