Monday, October 1, 2012

DSDN 104: The First Cuboid

Since I'm meant to have 3 branches to my design tree, I figured I should probably start a new branch by now. For the next branch, I'm going to again look at an iterative form that is used over and over again, but this time the form will be one that is much more about the collective than about the individuals making up said collective.

The cuboids making up this shape are each 3*3*3mm, so there are 1000 of them. That's a huge amount of cubes. Well actually in this one it's technically less, since some of them have been removed to make the form.

It's a rather fun form, and I enjoyed making it. The way it could possibly look done in chrome would be amazing. I just like the look of it. It's simple, it's geometric, and it works. It goes well with my concept of iterative design for this branch.

And the render looks fantastic! I love rendering, and I think I'm starting to get really good at it, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment