Friday, September 14, 2012

DSDN 104: Laser Cut Files Returned!

Yay! I finally got my laser cutting files back. There's something so damn cool about getting back a file that you made on the computer and seeing it translated into a really form that you can touch and hold.

It's like the way I imagine 3-D Printing to be, only not quite as cool. The potential for all of this technology is nearly endless. I really want to have one in my own home when I'm rich and famous. (Wishful thinking)
 

I neglected to take a photo of my acrylic pieces when they were all still in the sheet, so I just took a photo of all of them out of it in stead. They are all covered with this protective sheeting that stops unnecessary scratching which is great!

 Horribly blurry photo, I know, but this was my phone's camera, rather than my dedicated DSLR. As you can see, the burn marks are rather evident on the card. But that's why I'm spray painting it, so it's okay.

And since I did manage to track down another photo, here's a photo of all of the pieces laid out for my convenience. I printed a copy of the files onto paper so that I could easily line the pieces up and recognise them.

No comments:

Post a Comment