Friday, September 21, 2012

DSDN 112: Class Evaluation

So, I presented my refined concept today in class. I presented my wireframe and my paper models and spoke at great length about my idea and how it would actually physically work. One of the first things I was told was that the project was less about making sure how the future vision project could actually work, and much more about the interaction and interface design.

Technically the design could work on magic fairy dust if I were so inclined. But that doesn't quite work for me, so I'll still figure out the general gist of how the project would work.

The tutor and class really like how I incorporated the use of both hands to activate the interface, since it allowed for a more intuitive use of the interface. Also designing the uses of the interface around pre-existing & common gestures meant that using the interface would be very intuitive for a range of people.

One problem that came up was a little bit of a lack of features, one thing which I think I'm going to put a little more thought into. It was also said that that interaction should in theory make up for the slight lack of features.

The idea behind my concept was both solid and original, according to my tutor, which was definitely really comforting to hear. One major problem that was seen though was the aesthetic. It was really weak at present, and I definitely need to nail that down a lot better. It wasn't very strong, and I definitely needed to decide on an aesthetic that worked for the project as a whole.

Lots of work to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment