Tuesday, October 2, 2012

DSDN 104: The Cube Monster Returns

So, with the return of the cube monster, I wanted to explore some more diamond-shaped symmetry, and as a result came up with a form that is based around single cubes, justlike the others in its branch. The cubes form the entire model, and again explore the idea of iterative design. The small working together to create the large.

In a way, this piece feels like a little die. An eight-sided die of awesomeness!

Again I designed this in Sketchup. I could have done it in Solidworks, but I decided in stead to do it in Sketchup, because Solidworks is a little bit tricky when it comes to an assembly. I'm still trying to maintain an element of simplicity, but one that hides an element of complexity to it.


The render turned out pretty well! The model, again being more angular, suits the chrome surface really well. I actually had to tone down the reflectivity because it was way too difficult to see what was the model and what wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment