Thursday, October 18, 2012

DSDN 104: Photo Favourites!

Now that I've taken my photos, it's time to narrow it down to the best of the best. The images that I want to achieve are images that show hidden elements of the model, as well as shots that display the general theme and inspiration for the images.

.
This shot here shows some of the craft that I built in to the model. For the outer main legs of the model, I sanded them soft and like frosted glass, while the inner struts I sanded lightly along the "grain" of the 3-D printer. I tried to show that off in this shot.

.
Trying for a more elongated shot, I wanted to capture the vertical height as well as improve the overall composition of the previous shot.

.
This shot explores the concept of rhythm in the Hepta-Knot. The heptagonal design results in a consistent rhythm around the models exterior and interior.

.
Experimenting with different lighting, I tried illuminating the model from behind, which gives it a totally different feel. I actually find that it cheapens the model a little bit, because I associate the white plastic look with the cheaper 3-D printers that are available to us.

IMG_1453
For this shot, I explored the connection between the model and it's design. My sketchbook was the perfect backdrop to achieve the connection of the model and the maths behind it.

IMG_1454
Trying to capture the sense that was achieved in my most recent render, I wanted to duplicate some of the inherent translucency of the models materiality.

No comments:

Post a Comment