Tuesday, October 23, 2012

DSDN 112: Scouting The Set

So, considering I want to start shooting the filming the coming days, I thought it would be a good idea to get some shots of the scenes I want to film, just so I can get an idea of what I'm getting myself into and am not floundering around and wasting everyone's time when I actually want to film.

The story arc that I want to pursue is still the same one as I had earlier on. I'll probably make some considerable changes on the day, but for now, the story is still the same. I have my crew: Skye & Mark, so it's just about showtime.

For the initial point where Skye portals into the future, I was thinking the Atrium would be a good location. Well lit, and plenty of space to ponce around.

As an interim space where the android takes Skye to the technology, a hallway signifies transition, which is what I obviously want to achieve at this point.

Looking forward to the destination, the doorway shows where the odd pair want to go.

With the First Year Studio cleared at present, I thought it would be the perfect location for the main introduction to the Geo-Tool to happen. The large empty space has a very industrial, almost Avant-Garde feel to it, which would go really really well with the whole theme of the future.

The actors exit the hallway into the room, walk across screen into the room.

Like I said, the large expanse just feels very special and like something important would be contained at the very heart of it. The space feels so raw.

At the time there were two guys in there, but but hopefully on the day of filming there won't be anyone there...

Now I've just really got to get onto filming this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment