Wednesday, April 24, 2013

INDN 252: Final Images

Now that the project has reached a conclusion, I can finally pick final images. I went back to the photo studio and did a re-shoot, capturing some of the elements that I deemed worthy of the final places. The resultant images were shots that for me sought to illustrate some of the capabilities of the model, as well as show it in use, as well as some finer details.

The first shot shows the extent of the motion of the joint abstraction. The high arch of the model is something that I wanted to really show off that real-extent. I designed the joint with the full range of motion of the knee, so showing that aspect off is critical to how people perceive the model as a whole; both as an abstraction of a real joint, as well as a product in it's own right.

This shot also shows off the underside of the model, a part of the model that I think was give a great deal of thought, especially with regards to the elastic permeating the model and holding it all together from this particular point.

 
Showing the model in a hand serves two purposes. Firstly, it gives a sense of scale. We see how big the model is, we see how it were to be held in one hand, and secondly; we get an idea of the best places to hold and move the joint. Here, this person holds the model at either end, as if breaking the model in two. However, the joint allows such a motion and bends at the centre, giving the user that interaction with a joint abstraction.

This shot also shows off the top central section of the model, where the two sets of elastic connect to the knee cap and provide the pull needed to move that part of the model. It also shows off how the pieces are held together with the crimps, which to a certain degree are actually quite aesthetic.

The final shot that I'm going for is an all-out beauty shot, showing the inspired forms on the model, as well as the length and elegance I was trying to achieve. The repetition of the black elastic threads provides a great contrast with the white model here, and I think that really helps the model shine.

I'm glad I steered away from the white background, as that would have made the model look bland and dirty. The concrete block really makes the form work so much more as a product.

No comments:

Post a Comment