Tuesday, June 18, 2013

INDN 211: Final Project: The Metal Field

So, looks like my project is all done!! We present tomorrow, and I'm really looking forward to it. It's the last hand-in of the trimester, and then I get a good few weeks off where I get to do whatever I like. Bliss. I'm stoked.

The Metal Field is a kinetic sculpture where I sought to capture the sound the wind makes when it rustles through the grass and trees. Emulating nature while industrialising the sound was a key focus of my abstraction. The base is Jarra and guitar strings, which provides a suitably ethereal sound when the steel pendulum swings across them.

I'll let the photos and video do the rest of the talking.

The Metal Field

Boiled Sap Jarra Detail

Material Interaction

Material In Motion

Sculpted Jarra



No comments:

Post a Comment