Sunday, September 15, 2013

INDN 212: Final Thoughts & Photos

Well, it's finished now. I still don't know if it's going to work in the presentation. I don't know if I broke something last night, or maybe my wiring was just dodgy from the beginning. The thing is, all the individual components worked on their own. The lights worked, the muscle wire worked, the motion sensor worked. All of it was functioning. But then when I brought it together, something must have gone wrong. Or maybe the power supply really just wasn't supplying the amount of power I needed. Because I know for a fact that I needed at least 10 Watts. Which smaller power supplies would have a problem supplying at 12VDC.

I just really hope the tutors see my blog and see my progress and can say "Yup, he didn't just skimp on the work and hand in something that doesn't work." I did have working componentry and a whole heap of bad luck. Ah well. I just hope it works tomorrow. I wish I'd had an extra day to try and sort out the problem. The worst part is that I've been working on this for the past 3 weeks, and it's decided to stop working now...

Anyways, I'll let the pictures do the talking.








Good luck, me!

No comments:

Post a Comment