Sunday, April 13, 2014

INDN 341: Build It Up!

The design for the presentation is sussed now, so I head to the workshop to make the whole thing happen. It was a pretty simple construction to be honest, as it was very easy to cut out the forms I wanted from the wood.
I used threaded rods to connect the two arms together, as well as to provide a point for the ropes to hold the arms up. This is a pretty simple idea, but I think it has the potential to be very well executed and look really nice.

One of the considerations I took into account was how much motion the pieces have in of themselves, without any rope attached at all. I wanted to allow for a bit, but not let it be too free to move.

For pictures, I'll probably tether the crane to a table leg, or something of that sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment