Tuesday, May 27, 2014

MDDN 314; Recording Development

The recording that I choose to have run with my code is incredibly important. The recording has to somehow exemplify and harmonise the analog and the digital. In a sense, it is the bridge that joins the two aspects. I wanted to connect the abstract sound visualiser to the landscape-like structure that it is projected onto. To do this, I decided to record traffic noise, since it does two things that I really need it to do. 1, I need the volume of the piece to fluctuate, which car noises do well as they come and go. 2, I need the noise to be able to be consciously linked to the landscape.


To achieve this recording, I recorded various instances of traffic and cars passing by, and then built them together into a big continuous piece, a piece that would be perfectly okay if looped.

No comments:

Post a Comment